Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Coupons and Shopping
Gabe and I have always tried to find ways to save on our grocery bill. We recently saw an Oprah where a woman was using coupons to help her family. We thought we would take a shot at it. So on Sunday we bought a newspaper with all of the coupons and clipped. Last night Gabe decided to go grocery shopping for us (which he loves to do) and use the coupons. Well he spent about 1 1/2 hrs shopping at Winco our favorite low price leader. He did not end up using one coupon. In each instance the store brand product was cheaper than using the coupon with a name brand product. This was strictly food items only, so tomorrow or today I will be taking on Walmart to see if we can save on non-food items. I feel like I will be buying more things just to use the coupons. (Maybe that is their purpose) So anyone with a great idea on saving money besides coupons clue us in! (Sorry no pictures of Gabe pushing a shopping cart)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's true, unless it's a product you normally buy they are not necessarily that money saving. So hold fast, don't buy the product just to use the coupon! Unless of course you want to, it's sometimes occasionally fun to buy something you wouldn't normally buy when you have a coupon.
Hey Tiff,
I do this all the time and you can save huge amounts of money! Even get lots of things for free and sometimes they even pay you to take it. Keep your eye on Walgreens and Rite Aid ads. They will do their rebates or put their non-food items on sale. That's when you use them. Seriously, I haven't bought tooth paste, deoderant, or shampoo in over a year and I got them all for free with my coupons! Can you tell I'm a little fanatical about this stuff. Also, I love to do Albertsons big sales with coupons. Makes things SOOO much cheaper and is a great way to build up food storage. YOu may have to hold onto your coupons for a couple of weeks, too, until the things go on sale. Good Luck!
Tiff...just watch the ads....like at Smith's they have their general mills cereals on sale for 8 for $10...it's a steal anyway, but then when you buy them the catalina machine spits a $2 off at the register, then you can use the smartsource coupons for .75 off 2.
It makes it unbelievably cheap...I love those deals. I remember the first time I clipped coupons too...we saved like $17 on a grocery bill...doesn't sound like a ton, but even if I did it once a month that's over $200 in savings!! So keep clipping and watching sales, and have fun. By they way...we miss you!!!
Post a Comment