What is it about preparing and delivering a sacrament meeting talk that strikes fear in my heart? Is it all of the members sitting in the congregation staring at me expecting something fabulous and I come up short? Is it the realization that I am petrified of rejection? Is it the screaming of my two year old for mommy? Is it my fear of fainting and falling on my face? I may never know. So please forgive me when I can only squeak out 6 mintues instead of 15 minutes. Forgive me for not being as eloquent as a seasoned orator, but I am nervous. Oh yeah and who came up with the rule that all new move ins have to give a talk? We don't know that many people and we have to stand up in front of them and lay our weaknesses on the line!
Okay my tantrum is over I guess I better get to work on my talk!
2 comments:
Tiff, I do the same thing. Still have to almost read my talks. Good luck.
Tiff the cutest thing happened yesterday in our ward, this little first grader got up to bare his testimony and at first he laughed a little then he said, I know the church is true...then he started breathing really hard and then crying he looked at the bish for some help, he couldn't even say amen, so stinkin cute!! I don't think anyone ever grows out of that fear...but, I'm sure you did fabulous!
Post a Comment